Hardware Rivvr Wireless Übertragung für Rift und Vive

SosoDeSamurai

BdW-Veteran
Mit Rivvr soll aktuell eine Wireless Lösung sein Releasefenster haben:

https://www.rivvr.com/

Ich finde bisher leider nur Vorberichte. Mit aktuell umgerechnter 170 € inkl. Versand wäre es auf jeden Fall eine "günstigere" Möglichkeit sich vom Kabel zu befreien.

SosoDeSamurai

BdW-Veteran
Tja, das war es dann wohl... Von reddit:
Hello,

We cannot thank you enough for waiting for Rivvr so long. Sorry for a delay, just final touches before starting shipping.

First Rivvr units will be on their way at April 10th.

Thank you for your patience

Best regards,

The Rivvr Team

Stay tuned for more great news! Rivvr Team

Edit: As of 04/11/2018 2038hrs(that's 838pm :) PST, no, nothing, nada, zip, incommunicado since 11 days ago. It's the 11th, so soon hopefully.

Edit 2: As of 04/17/2018 2215hrs, PST, no update so far.

Edit 3: As of 04/21/2018 1501hrs, PST, no update so far.

Edit 3: As of 04/24/2018 1529hrs, PDT, no update so far.

Edit 4: As of 05/02/2018 0620hrs, PDT, no update so far.

Edit 4: As of 05/11/2018 1015hrs, PDT, no update so far.

Final Edit: I got an email today and it goes like this.

Hi Backers,

We shipped the first batch of devices as was scheduled, and our users discover a heating problem with the battery after some time.

We recalled all the Rivvr's, and after investigation figured out that we need to change manufacturer. So we are issuing a refund now, and we are sorry to cancel the shipment and your order, but we highly respect your time, plans and expectations.

You’ll get a refund for your order shortly.

Many challenges in the world of producing hardware for us remain unsolved, and we've failed to build Rivvr for wireless VR on time.

For this, we’re deeply sorry.

We are incredibly grateful for your support and trust!

Thank you for your understanding.

The Rivvr Team

That's that and that's it for me. I don't even believe the reason they gave. BS is what it is.

Oben